Web Quiz Chapter 11 "Functions of Supporting Material," "Verbal Support," and "On the Web," Ch. 10 and Ch. 13 "Training"
1. Supporting material can add what three things to a presentation?
2. What is a potential problem with statistics?
3. When a number of statistics are important, how should they be presented? Provide at least two suggestions from the text.
4. What are the common types of verbal support/
5. What are the guidelines for citing sources?
6. What are the common types of verbal support?
7. On the Cornell University web site which is recommended for advice on evaluating online evidence, what is the first piece of advice under evaluating the author?
8. Does the section entitled "On the Web" recommend searching for sources and information by using a general search engine like Google?
8.B. Why? (Any idea why? Your idea; the text does not explain)
9. When you are setting a specific goal for a presentation, what three things should your goal statement do?
10. What are four tips for making the delivery of training more effective?
11. What five devices can help you emphasize the organization of your material?