Web Quiz Chapter 3 - Listening
1. According to a study reported in the text, what percent of on the job time is spent listening and what percent spent speaking, writing and reading?
2. How efficient are most listeners? (What do various researchers report is the efficiency level or how much can listeners remember correctly, even after a short time?)
3. What are the physiological, environmental, sociocultural and attitudinal barriers to good listening?
4. What are the gender-related differences in listening?
5. What are the guidelines for enhancing your listening effectiveness?
6. What are the differences between questioning and paraphrasing.
7. What are the three types of paraphrasing?
8. What six tips does the text provide for listening to complaints?