Web Quiz Chapter 4 - Verbal and Non-Verbal Messages
and Chapter 2 - "Cultural Diversity and Communication"
1. Overall, what is women's speech like?
...and what is men's speech like?
2. What are the characteristics of non-verbal communication?
3. What are the four guidelines for choosing a working wardrobe?
4. What are the seven types of non-verbal communication discussed in the chapter?
5. What's the importance of eye contact in communication situations?
6. List two common gestures and their possible perceived meanings...
....in moderate form AND when exaggerated.
7. How can you improve your nonverbal effectiveness?
8. Are other cultures generally more formal or less formal than the U.S. in their business communications?
9. How does a monochronistic view of time differ from a polychronistic view?
10a. What view do people raised in the U.S. have?
10b. How could that affect your communication with people from a different culture who have a different view?
11. What can you do to communicate more effectively across diversity (five principles or suggestions)?