Web Quiz Chapter 5 - Interpersonal Skills
1. What are six ways to promote positive work relationships (credited in your text to psychologist Jack Gibb)?
2. Provide an example your own, not one in the text of a message in "you" language that is negative and that same message in "I" language so it sounds less judgmental.
The "you" language message:
In "I" language that message is:
3. Your text advises that you "consider the relational climate" when you offer criticism. What three factors does the text cite?
4. What two delivery tips does the text provide for criticizing?
5. What are three ways to respond to criticism by agreeing with the critic?
6. What advice does the text offer on how to say no?
7.A. What is a "win-win" orientation to negotiating?
7B. What advantages does it have over other negotiating orientations?
8. Review the four types of difficult people in the section on "Dealing With Difficult People." Pick one type (if one of your team members fit one of those types, use that one).
The type is
How can you cope with that type .
9. What are the six guidelines for ethical communication as provided by Stephen Covey?