Web Quiz Chapter 8 - "Problem Solving Communication," "Effective Communication in Groups and Teams," and Ch. 9, especially "Setting An Agenda," "Conducting the Meeting," "Encouraging Participation," "Keeping Discussions on Track."
1a. What are the steps in problem solving, the reflective-thinking sequence?
1b. How soon should solutions be considered in that problem solving sequence? Step one? Step two? When?
1c. If someone says, "We've got a problem with students cutting classes; instructors should drop the grades of students who cut class," is that person following problem solving steps? Explain briefly.
2. What are the stages in group problem solving and (briefly) define those stages.
3. What are the five ways to make decisions and define each.
4. What is the #1 variable that affects a group's productivity, according to research reported by S.A Wheelen?
5. What are the seven factors that promote cohesiveness in teams?
6. What are the steps recommended for brainstorming?
7. How should a meeting begin? (What should the person in charge do?)
8. What techniques can be used to encourage participation?
9. What techniques can be used to keep discussions on track?
10. What techniques can help to maintain a positive tone?