· Petitions for the WLO Spring Election must be received by 12 noon on Monday, April 21, 2014.
· [If door is closed, slide completed petition under door of office A-316.]
· The Order in which completed petitions are received will be the sequence in which candidate’s names will appear on the ballot.
· The election will be held on Wednesday, April 23, 2014, in A316 from 10:00 – 11 AM, in
· B312 from 11 AM – 12:15 PM and in A300 from 1:00 to 2:15 PM.
· New officers will be installed at the WLO Annual Meeting on Monday, April 28 from 12:15 to 1:00 PM in A-300.
There are three elected leadership positions available:
* Program Development Executive * Membership Executive
* Communication Executive
Board Member Unique Functions are as follows:
* Program Development Executive
o Maintain E-mail list and write/send out event notices.
o Locate event venues and organize event dates.
o Run meetings and events.
o Make sure that all necessities for an event are present (food, movie, games, etc.).
o Locate, distribute, and organize fund raisers.
o Locate opportunities for WLO members.
o Assist Faculty Advisor in maintenance of the WLO website.
o Be informed about organization requirements by the College and keep other board members updated about these requirements.
o Communicate with the Faculty Advisor to schedule and plan events
Promote WLO and its events.
* Membership Executive
O Identify prospective members and communicate with them to encourage participation
O Maintain a data base of all members e-mail addresses
O Host events to encourage new member participation
O Keep Board informed about membership activities
O Record, publish and report minutes of all WLO meetings.
O Maintain the WLO Information Binder.
O Keep Board informed about meetings and other activities
* Communication Executive
O Maintain files of all incoming correspondence
O Write outgoing correspondence
O Keep Board informed about correspondence
o Purchase tickets and plan transportation when needed.
o Maintain WLO account ledger and keep board members informed about WLO finances.
o Supply reimbursement checks when necessary.
Duties that are common to all board members are as follows:
* In Regards to Board Members:
o Assist the other board members in WLO procedures and activities.
o Work closely with the faculty advisor and other board members.
o Act as a leader for the organization and as the support to the president.
o Assist Treasurer in creating a budget for College funding.
* In Regards to the Members:
o Plan for and assist in the recruitment of new members.
o Encourage active participation by members.
o Help advise and tutor students to the best of your ability.
* In Regards to Activities:
o Help develop, plan, and carry out WLO events and activities.
o Participate in and lead WLO events and activities.
o Be open to new ideas and possibilities for WLO.
* As a Representative of WLO:
o Write for and help produce articles for publication.
o Help promote learning and experiences in international culture on campus.
o Represent WLO at various College activities.
o Be a representative to international student visitors and assist them if needed.
< To Candidate's Petition Statements 2013
< To Candidate's Petition Packet
< WLO Election Central
‹Return to Home Page
Anna Marie Pietrolonardo © 2005, All rights reserved