|"'I know I'm capable of doing the work. I just didn't have the time. I didn't hurt anyone, and I really need an A to keep up my GPA
. . .'" (Abramovitz, 2000).
||Why Do High School Students
Cheat (McCade, 2001)?
- They don't study or prepare = 32%
- They need to pass or get good grades = 29%
- They feel pressure to succeed = 12%
- They don't know answers or understand
material = 9%
- They do not have enough time to prepare = 5%
Surveys and studies indicate that
- 50 percent of students who reported
that they had cheated "did not believe cheating was necessarily
wrong" (Kleiner and Lord, 1999).
- 84 percent of college students think that "they need to
cheat to get ahead in the world today" (Kleiner and Lord, 1999).
- 90 percent of college
students believe that cheaters "never pay the price" (Kleiner and Lord,
- 95 percent of high school students who admit to
cheating said that "they have never been caught" (Kleiner and Lord,
- Almost 50% of high school students think that
"teachers sometimes ignore cheating" (McCade, 2001).
This page was last updated on
06 June 2013
Copyright Randy Rambo